The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant and Drysart. E made a few posts, but they were non-substantial.
This Info Digest was mailed out to members who requested it. – To signup to receive the Info Digests each week, check the appropriate box in your member profile [2022 EDIT: This feature is no longer available]
- Savant: In response to “When will we be able to delete characters”, We’ll try and get a fix for this in in a week or two. [Stated July 5, 2001]
- Drysart: We’re currently working on some better ways to access the patch download.
- Savant: In response to “Getting a CRC Error”, If you’re getting a CRC error after downloading the file (which I haven’t been able to duplicate yet, so this solution may not even work), before trying to download again, please try using this program from http://uk.geocities.com/daveukstuff/ that has worked in the past for correcting CRC errors I’ve gotten from Yahoo or otherwise.
- Savant: In response to “The requirement to have CD Key prevents using download managers, beta should be easily accessible”, Well, yes, you’re correctly in part that we didn’t want non-testers downloading the client (for no other reason than because it’d slow it down for everyone else). The client is useless without an account anyway. But you should also consider that today we also moved the download server from a T1 to a 5 Meg pipe in order to handle the load. [We’ve found a way to use the download manager GetRight if you are still in need of downloading. Enter the following URL to download:] http://22.214.171.124/download/home.asp?Action=dload&cdk=YOUR_CD_KEY_GOES_HERE
- Savant: [Stated July 2, 2001] Tomorrow, mid-afternoonish, we should be done and patch in all the fixes.
- All monster names should be english again.
- EBook help files should be english again.
- Quests should be english again.
- NPC’s should speak english again.
- All items and descriptions should be clean english now, including the new ones.
- Colonies should be back (keep your fingers crossed).
- Later this week, or early next week, we’ll fix the level 70 Shaman quest and the 100+ quests that aren’t working correctly.
- Savant: [Stated July 7, 2001] Small patch on Sunday:
- The level 70 Shaman Quest.
- The Staff/Stick confusion.
- Savant: In response to “Beef isn’t doing an upgrade, and the Items Database [2022 EDIT: TODO FIXLINK] says the item is upgradeable”, <cryptic devtalk>
Did you think Beef was an expert at upgrading weapons?
If it were me, I’d look for some magical cubes, yes I would.