The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant, and Drysart. E made a few posts, but they were non-substantial.
This Info Digest was mailed out to members who requested it. – To signup to receive the Info Digests each week, check the appropriate box in your member profile [2022 EDIT: This feature is no longer available]
- Savant: We’re at a crossroads here, folks, and as I’ve always been an advocate of allowing your input to matter, here is our dilemma. Our partners in this project, currently, are delaying an awful lot. We finish our end of things, and are left waiting for them. Yes, the arrangement may suck, but that’s not something that can change, so let’s ignore that for a moment. My dilemma is that I don’t want to keep disappointing you, so I am going to let you all decide the temporary future of things: Your choices are:
- We continue the way we have been, counting on SK to deliver when they need to.
- We temporarily shut down Beta until the necessary changes are made to the code, and we feel the game is ready to go back up for you all to enjoy. We can then also focus more of our own resources into patches, rather than maintenence and such. We then do an Open Beta.
- Drysart: In response to “Would shutting down beta speed up the process of the update”, Yes, it would speed up our patching, because the time we’re currently spending keeping the beta server running can instead be spent putting together the new content. But no, we’re not looking at something as short as a couple weeks, we’re looking at enough time to get a lot of major changes that are currently in the pipeline done and re-opening to a much improved game.
- Drysart: In response to “How would closing the beta server speed up the handling of information between SK and Netamin”, Because SK’s spending a lot of time working with our beta servers as well. Probably more than we do as I imagine the lag to our servers from Korea is horrendous.
- Savant: [the results…]The good news is that we won’t be shutting down Beta. We can handle both tasks just fine, and we’ll work on the relationship issues with SK. Another bit of good news is that SK has delayed so long in the unification of our source codes, that when we do finally patch, on top of all the promised stuff, you will also get all level 100-199 content (Monsters, Items, Spells, Skills, Zones). The bad news is, they’ve promised us no later than 2 weeks. It’s bad news because, if you haven’t guessed already, I can’t assure you this date with any confidence. Again, I’m sorry. We’re doing our best and our CEO is flying out to Korea again next week to try and get things back on track. All that said, I’d really like to thank all of you who shared the kind words, and showed faith. This is not the best situation, that’s obvious – but it takes a very special group of people to make the best of it, and you guys are doing just that. Thank you. I have faith that, in the end, Fallen Age will be a quality game (When that is, is anyone’s guess — but it’ll come, eventually. lol). It will have two very distinct areas to it, a very intense quest system, a much more refined combat system. Those of you who are going to tough it out, thanks.
- Savant: In response to “There is little to no involvement by Netamin on their own forums”, We’re a small company, less than a dozen people, in fact. We took the resources and time to place someone full-time on these boards as Community Relations in order to be involved, since my workload was getting too heavy to be here regularly anymore. Eric reports back your concerns and comments every week.
- Savant: In response to “I’ve got now 17 dex and I think there are more misses on monsters then before”, check out this link: http://skepdic.com/clustering.html