The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant, Drysart and E. No posts were made by Willow (QA).
This Info Digest was mailed out to members who requested it. – To signup to receive the Info Digests each week, check the appropriate box in your member profile [2022 EDIT: This feature is no longer available]
- Drysart: In response to “Number of Players online always showing 30”, I just checked it out after seeing this thread and it turns out we kinda broke it when we updated security permissions on the web server. We’ll fix it up for the next patch so we can continue updating it even with our more secure setup.
- E: In response to “Did all the other Chakras get that strange colored gold platinum on a quest?”, The different colored Platinums will have their own values and drop differently as patches come in.
- E: In response to “Are you planning on helping Shaman out”, New items will be added for Shaman to help with attack power and healing ability. (No approx. time given) This should make them worthwhile as a solo class as well as a good support class. Keep in mind, a Shaman’s role will always primarily be a support class.
- E: EXP for grouping will change from Level-based sharing to Total EXP based. Level can sometimes not be a fair representation of how close in range two players may be. We feel this will be a better gauge.
- E: In response to “Is it allowed by the Netamin /SK agreement for FA to have different rules than Killride”, Core mechanics must remain the same, but quests, graphics, and interface, etc. can be different.
- E: In response to “I didn’t see the maps listed in the timeline, outside of “new areas” in terms of 100-199, 200-299, etc. content”, There will be multiple locations for starting points, leveling areas, etc.
- E: In response to “When will “Dual Weild” be implemented into the game”, It will be implemented, (no time frame was given, sorry).
- E: In response to “When will we be able to play FA in Windows mode”, FA will be full screen only. [Well thats a change of plans, hopefully this is incorrect]
- E: In response to “Is there gonna be emotes”, Yes (no details given)
- E: In response to “Is any of the game going to revolve around the back story or are the quests just there to level individuals?”, Yes, well it does now. Since it’s still beta, it’s tough to see the whole picture.
- E: List of requested features for Fallen Age: http://www.fallenage.com/beta/feature.asp
- Savant: In response to “Considering we not only got it into the top 5, but the number one slot, does that mean that Fallen Age is now to go into Open Beta? “, Yes, this absolutely means we’ll be conducting an Open Beta before launch. In fact, thanks to such a positive turnout, instead of waiting for the last month or so before retail to launch the Open Beta, I will open it up as soon as we feel comfortable enough with the game to allow everyone in.