The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant, Drysart and E. No posts were made by Willow (QA).
This Info Digest was mailed out to members who requested it. – To signup to receive the Info Digests each week, check the appropriate box in your member profile [2022 EDIT: This feature is no longer available]
Level 100-199 Content
- Savant: In response to “Will we have to wait for someone to actually kill an innocent player before we can freely attack the PK”, Yes, someone has to actually kill an innocent before he turns orange. If someone is able to defend himself (as in your example of the innocent that kills the PK) he does not get the mark or turn orange. The system tracks who attacked first and gives ample time for self-defense.
- Savant: Yes, [the patch is delayed for] 3 weeks from now — but hopefully it will not have any effect on the other props, as they are already under development and separate of this patch.
- Savant: They [the Koreans] are simply a single patch ahead of us in order to ensure we give you a more stable build.
- Savant: In response to “ARE WE TESTERS??? or are we market research?, why must patches be tested by beta testers in korea before we are alowed to test them???”, You are indeed testers. Korea gets the patch before we do in order to ensure a more stable build for you guys.
- Savant: In response to “When is the delete character button being implemented”, With the big patch.
- Savant: The combat system is indeed being looked at and rebalanced.
- Savant: “Balance” is an ongoing process, which is why you didn’t, and won’t, see it listed in a timeline. Balance needs to be done even well after going live. It’s safe to assume there will be balance tweaks in each patch.
- Savant: We are still working on this, and will have a patch for it as soon as we fix it.
- E: I do know that they are working on the choppy issue. If you haven’t already, check and see if you can find an updated driver. That may help in the meantime.
- Other things to try:
- Defragmenting your hard drive
- Running scan disk
- Adding more memory
- Try a different video card
- Try a different monitor
- Try disabling things like antivirus, etc.
- Savant: The skills and spells come with the level of content added. (ie when we add levels 100-300, the appropriate skills and spells for those levels for all classes will be added).
- Savant: In response to “What happened to our known “Wanted” features list?”, I’ll have Drysart add that tomorrow. It slipped my mind. [It looks like it’s slipped his mind again heh.. – somebody shoot him an email to remind him]
- Savant: The chat system will indeed be revamped, but I can’t offer you a timeline on it yet.
- Savant: In response to “What are mystery cards for”, The mystery cards will be used for a quest/treasure event type deal — but for now, you can sell them to Noel if you like, since that is not in yet.
- Savant: Platinum prices have been changed.
- E: Some monsters will cast spells, have ranged attacks and will be as tough & tougher than the toughest monsters currently in game.
- E: In response to “Will you guys be removing /where? As it is now a bounty hunter can rush a pk naked with nothing to lose”, The guys will be discussing this issue.
- Other commands:
- The majority of these commands are admin-only.