The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant and Drysart. No posts made by Willow (QA) resolved any issues.
This Info Digest was mailed out to members who requested it. – To signup to receive the Info Digests each week, check the appropriate box in your member profile [2022 EDIT: This feature is no longer available]
- Savant: If you are having problems activating your beta account, check to see that you have cookies turned on. If they are not turned on, your session will time-out after you click accept.
- Savant: Early next week I’ll be putting up a “known bugs” list, so that you all know of the bugs we’re aware of, and have documented. Also listed will be a “known wanted feature” list, so that you all know what features we’ve heard you ask for and what our plan is for it.
- Drysart: Your game password is limited to eight characters, as is the field on the survey form. [If when you created your account your password was longer then 8 characters, simply use the first 8 characters]
- Savant: In response to “after downloading patch it just freezes”, You just need to wait. It looks like it’s frozen, but it’s simply decompressing and installing the patch. Just give it a few minutes
- Savant: Increased area is coming, but Video Card fixes will take longer — It’s not as simple as just “fixing” it — Need to buy each of the specific cards and test each one. [And then on May 1, 2001…] We updated monster data so that Chakra and Shaman come more in line with Warriors.
- Savant: Next patch should contain a bit of a boost to shamans. Other balance issues will be worked out later. Content and core Game Mechanics still is top priority.
- Savant: Concerning “GeForce2 performance” Forcing Anti-Aliasing solves the choppiness, but drops your framerate — we’re working on a fix
- Savant: We’ll be adding a “lock on” feature where you’ll no longer have to be mousing over an opponent (monster or otherwise) to attack it… You’ll just lock onto the creature and have to attack or cast your spells. Also, we’re looking into a timer for logout — still debating how long of a timer, though.
- Savant: Currently we’re preparing to patch a changed map for the Stage 1 Beta area, the PK system (Jail, Bounty, etc.), fix some bugs, add a bit more content, and try to rebalance things slightly.
- Savant: Things that will come later (besides the promised mechanics) are a complete chat system overhaul, UI overhaul, graphics overhaul (including all new avatars and more), and obviously much more content.
- Savant: There’s a 0-3% chance that Beef (or any other repairer) can accidently break a weapon during the repair process. We don’t have items that spawn once every 3 weeks that you need to camp. There needs to be a healthy economy — If all you had to do was repair an item and it was perfect, then what good is repairing but a money sink? The only other option is having an items max durability degrade each time you repair it… somehow I doubt anyone wants this.
- Savant: Bumpies are the nicknames for Rigins… but since we don’t have all the lore in yet for you to know that, I suppose I should change Frederick to say Rigin.
- Savant: Our PK system will be put in shortly. I ask the PvP’ers in the game to please take it easy until then. A lot of people do not like open PvP, and while we’ll always strive to allow everyone to live together in a single world, it isn’t fair to subject them to PvP until our full PK system is implemented.
- Drysart: We’ve been toying with the ideas of dungeon bosses (you may see one appear at the lower level of the newbie dungeon soon, actually). But in order to meet with our no-camping mandate, don’t expect those boss mobs to have special drops or anything. They’ll have the same loot table (and probably experience points) as their underlings. If you want good loot or exp, you should go to an area more suited to you, not slum around in a lower-level dungeon and pick off the boss over and over.