The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant and Drysart.
- Savant: (April 19, 2001)
- Changing F1 help file graphics
- Fixing many typos
- Increasing walk and run speed
- Changing /who message
- Changing /who [name] message.
- Changing /where [name] message.
- Changing Jail messages
- Fixing bugs in level 1 through 30 quests
- Updating small graphical slips in Intro UI.
- Updating level 99-100 Class Rank quests
- Savant: Your inventory is limited to the amount of burden you can carry, not space per item.
- Savant: Male and Female avatars are indeed identical except for a few complimentary spells. It adds to diversity.
- Savant: Quick Summary on Stat Meanings
- STR – Strength: Increase damage you do with Melee Attacks, and how much weight you can carry. (Chakra and Shaman weapons count as melee attacks).
- DEX – Dexterity: Increases AID and Stamina
- SIN – Sinew: Decrease damage taken from physical attacks, increases HP.
- WIS – Wisdom: Decrease damage taken from special attacks (skills/spells), Increase Magic Defense, Help cast support spells, Increase ESP.
- BLS – Bless: Help cast healing and defensive/support spells.
- CON – Concentration: Increase damage done by offensive spells.
- Savant: The game will boot you if your ping goes over 1000.
- Savant: Avatar customization won’t come for a month or so. Customization of all kinds comes later on, we’re concentrating on content and performance issues at the moment.
- Savant: Next week(ish) we’ll patch the Jail/Bounty systems and Secure Trade, as well as fix bugs. Following that the next patch will be nearly full Guild Functionality, including sending in your own designed flag to be put into the game, and levels 100-300 (which include new towns, zones, monsters, items, etc.). Then will be Avatar Customization and Colony Battle.
- Drysart: April 13 was our cutoff date for the first wave of beta. If we received your CD after the 13th, you’ll be in the second wave of beta, which we’ll be sending out next week. Confirmation emails won’t be sent out until at least the 21st.
- Drysart: Don’t use the “New ID” button in game. It doesn’t work. Use the URL printed on the CD Key label on the back of the jewel case to create your account. The registration process will also upgrade your forum account to be able to post to the beta boards.
- Drysart: Applications will be taken all through beta. It’s the Send-In-Your-CD promotion that ends on the 21st.
- Drysart: It will appear as though the patch program has crashed while it actually applies the patch to the data files. Just let it sit for a bit and eventually it will come back to life and continue on into the game.
- Drysart: Due to bandwidth restraints at this phase of beta, we’ve limited the download process to the international testers only.
- Drysart: We want to include overseas testers in beta, but due to the cost of mailing CDs overseas it makes mass mailing out CDs too expensive, so overseas testers were given a special CD Key and web page they can download the client software from.
- Savant: In response to “problems logging in due to username length”, Just have her use the first 8 characters of the login she tried to make. ie if she tried to make Ieatcrayons, then she just needs to enter Ieatcray as her login ID. (Case Sensitive)
- Savant: In response to “Can we use the bank yet”, You need to have a colony in order to have the bank take your money. You need to be level 30 and finish the colony quest in order to have a colony.
- Drysart: The main reason, I think, the number one reason no game companies support eBaying is because of the massive potential for fraud. If someone gets screwed in an eBay transaction, they can go after the seller, yes, but if the game company supports eBaying, they can go after the company easier. It quickly becomes a customer support nightmare, and despite a company’s best efforts, people who get defrauded by other people on eBay are left with a sour taste in their mouth about the game. Through no fault of the game company’s.
- Drysart: Now, in a game like Fallen Age, where there aren’t static drops, and no camping, eBaying presents little or no direct interference with the gameplay of others. That takes the whole eBay question and changes it from one where a decision has to be made based on facts and turns it into one where a decision has to be made on a sort of “morality”. As far as our policy, selling items is against our policy, with the solid reasoning behind that policy lying in the fraud and Customer Support reasons I gave earlier. I can’t say for certain yet how strictly we’ll have to enforce it.
- Drysart: We’re going to be improving the chat interface over time… right now it’s still in rough, early-beta shape. Among the things we’ll be changing are better word wrapping, using an easier to read font, and making tells, shouts, and guildchat easier to use.
- Drysart: In response to “How to use spells/skills”, Load the spell into your active spell slot (the right-most box on the bottom of the screen), by double-clicking it in your ebook or hitting the key number if it’s in one of the hotkey slots. Then right-click your target.
- Drysart: In response to “How to drink a potion”, Double-click it. You can also drag them down to the left 4 slots on the hotkey panel (you can load multiple potions on the same spot), then use the hotkey to drink it.
- Drysart: In response to “Anyone who’s colorblind is going to have a hard time reading the damage numbers”, We’re going to be changing most/all the text in game to a font that’s easier to read, and perhaps completely outlining it in black so it stands out against the background better. It’s hard for people that AREN’T colorblind to read it sometimes right now.