The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant and Drysart. Due to the amount of information that will be out from this point forward, it is unlikely that Info Digests will contain information presented in various IRC Chats. You should take a look at the Chat Logs [2022 EDIT: TODO FIXLINK] as well.
- Savant: In response to “Will combat be a clickfest”, Not a chance. I hate clicking. You can just press your mouse down once and keep it held for combat or running… or you can just hit F8 which is an AutoMouse command which just clicks anywhere your mouse is pointed for you
- Savant: Special spells and skills are right click.
- Savant: When you move your mouse over a spell/skill icon, you’ll see what class you are in that spell (1-10)
- Savant: If we get 1000+ CDs from other MMORPGS then yes, we will need to filter them in a week at a time.
- Savant: There’s always a wipe after Beta ends, and sometimes some in between. It’s just how things go because there are a lot of imbalances that pop up during Beta that give the Testers too much of an edge if the characters were allowed to continue.
- Savant: You’ll be able to log in as soon as you get your CD, which could be as early as Wednesday, since we’re mailing out Monday.
- Savant: Anyone who won a contest or sent in a CD (unless the CD promotion turns out to be overwhelming and we receive several thousand) will be in Phase 1 of Beta. If you got a t-shirt, you’re also in Phase 1.
- Savant: In response to “Will there be forced grouping”, No.. Shamans can even survive solo, but be a fantastic support class as well. You will need to group to advance your class (99->100, 199-200), but thats about it.
- Savant: In response to “My class can beat up your class”, Its more like ‘a’ > ‘b’ > ‘c’ > ‘a’, not like a=b=c in terms of balance. [ think of rock paper scissors]
- Savant: In response to “Will there be day/night”, Yes, and we’ll have seasons as well.
- Savant: In response to “How do we travel to other continents”, No swimming, but there will be boats.
- Savant: In response to “Will the contintents have a distinct atmosphere”, Yes
- Savant: There will be a large castle in the game, with several NPC merchants and quite a bit of room (in the RPG element). He who has Emperorship through colonization has rule over this castle and its merchants, and gets to set the prices and sell wares
- Drysart: I’m not making any promises here, but I have been toying around with trying to get the client working on other platforms as a personal project in my spare time. It most likely won’t pan out, but I’m giving it the ol’ college try anyway.
- Drysart: Items you have equipped, in your inventory, or in your bank or warehouse, will not decay over time, only through use (they wear out).