The following list of statements are the highlights of issues discussed on the forums over at ‘The Official Site‘ over the past week by Savant and Drysart. There are also some comments included from #fallenage on Stratics IRC, .plan commentary, as well as private correspondence.
Marriages & Housing
- Savant: If we get 1000+ CDs from other MMORPGS then yes, we will need to filter them in a week at a time.
- Savant: In response to “Will there be any instructions that go with the beta CD”, Nope.
- Drysart: We have possibly the most damning penalty for someone that wants to rampantly PK: time that can’t be macroed away.
- Drysart: We’re trying to balance being able to allow PvP, and trying to discourage PKing. PvP is fine. Wanton, random PKing is not, and we’ll tweak the system as necessary to stop it from happening, though I think we’ve got a pretty strong base to begin with since it was factored in from the start of our design instead of being put in as an afterthought.
- Savant: There will be a ladder for consentual PvP
- Savant: When grouping, experience is shared fairly amongst the members based upon the levels of the members. Anyone can group.
- Savant: There will be a bonus depending on how many people are in a group, and then everyone gets their share.
- Savant: You can fight anywhere except towns and other completely “safe zones”. However, you may “Deathmatch” anywhere.
- Savant: A Deathmatch will take you and those involved in the deathmatch to the exact location, but a flip screen. The only people there are those in the deathmatch, and it’s darker. You are limited in how far you can run. You’ll be able to bet both Juno and items later on. Once you are in a deathmatch, you are there till the end – to the death.
- Savant: Deathmatches are up to 6 on 6, and there is nothing stopping you from fighting everybody. So essentially, up to 12 players total.
- Savant: Looting rights are determined by who did most damage.
- Drysart: In response to debate over Casual and Causal in reference to Chakras, That’s a typo in the FAQ. It should be Causal.
- Savant: At higher levels, Warriors will be able to cast a little too.
- Savant: Shaman’s have the ability to Summon Vampires.
- Drysart: Disabling Alt-Tab only inconveniences legit players, and is something we’re committed not to do.
- Savant: Character faces will be customizable later on.
- Savant: In response to “Why restrict same sex marriages?”, It was simply a design decision to prevent urban sprawl and to make houses an RP incentive, and rare.
- Savant: Housing the physical landscape of the game is just an RP incentive that holds absolutely no benefit. In fact, the cost of having one is probably prohibitive. We don’t want urban sprawl, we wan’t people to have a good time.
- Savant: Housing is just in for “fun” so you can decorate your house and have a place to call your own. Guilds will also get a warehouse which they can decorate and use as a base.
- Savant: The amount of land for your colony is finite, but you will need to use your turns to explore it to see it to its full extent.
- Savant: You do not get to choose where your colony will be placed on the map, it is placed automatically.
- Savant: Technically, the colonies are placed on one big map, but you won’t see your neighbors unless you use a view option. (See Also: Colony Mode Interface) [2022 EDIT: TODO FIXLINK]
- Savant: You build your own bank and warehouse in colonization. That is how you get storage for both your items and your money.
- Savant: When you attempt to take over a plot of land, you can gang up on people with your guild. It is not strictly a 1v1 combat scenario.